March 2017 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- December 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- October 2014
- January 2014
- June 2013
- January 2013
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- October 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
Drum Roll Please for Jenny Panda who is being awarded the Excellence Award in the
Arts and Culture Category for her dedication and hard work
– 34 years of teaching elementary students and since retiring in 2002< Jenny has:
-published several books for children and visits schools to present her
artwork, novels and poetry
-taught Art at Martindale Gardens Seniors’ Residence
-joined the Fine Arts Society of Milton Executive as their Webmaster
-created the (Milton) Escarpment Artists, a group of 9
artists–regularly showing at the Milton Centre for the Arts
-organised the Milton Express the Arts Poetry Group which met for
several years in cafes in the area
-led teams representing Milton artists to the Milton Grate Groanup
Spelling Bee ( to support N. Halton Adult Literacy) for many years- where they have placed 1st in 2015 winning the trophy !!!! and won several times for
Best Costume and Best Team Spirit !!!!
-convened the monthly Milton Seniors’ Centre Book Club and more..
Let’s Congratulate, Jenny for winning the Absolutely Fabulous Women Award 2015!
– primarily an artist in acrylics, is also a writer and illustrator of children’s literature – loves to inspire and motivate creativity.
– Born in India, raised in England.
– trained in Birmingham UK for 3 years and obtained a certificate to Teach especially in Art, Religious Knowledge and General Subjects to primary age children.
– Emigrated in 1970.
– taught in elementary schools in England and Halton for 34 years (5 at Brantwood PS in Oakville;10 at JMDenyes PS and 16 at Martin Street PS in Milton) always with an emphasis on creativity, imaginative play, individuality and fun in all subject areas especially Art, Language Arts, Drama, Music and Computers.
-was the Director of many great musicals at her schools over the years.
-studied Art for some time at OCAD, Wilfred Laurier and Sheridan College -especially specialising in Portraits, Acrylics and Mixed Media
-is a long time member of the Fine Arts Society of Milton,
-was on the Executive for several years when she was the Web Master of the FASM site.
-was the creator of the Escarpment Artist Art Group which is a group of 9 artists within FASM – basically concentrating on their passion to preserve the Niagara Escarpment. This group, sponsored by POWER is now well established and holds annual Art shows at the Milton Centre for the Arts, at Crawford Country Gardens in Milton, and in Kilbride.
–her artwork can be seen at various places around the area, in particular in shows at the MCA; at the Bistro on Main Street in Milton; the Mohawk Chophouse in Campbellville; and at Waldies’ Blacksmiths Shop during the annual Milton Studio Tour
-retired from teaching in 2002
-has volunteered at Martindale Gardens Seniors’ Residence for over 10 years- motivating, inspiring and leading seniors’ groups in art activitie
– was the leader and organiser of the Milton Express the Arts Poetry Group which met for several years in cafes and venues around Milton.
– has brought a team representing Milton artists and seniors to the Milton Spelling Bee for several years- where they have placed 2nd several times and won awards for Best Costume and Best Team Spirit
– is the convenor of the Milton Seniors’ Book Club which meets each month at the Milton Seniors’ Centre.
– also enjoys Tai Chi at the Seniors’ Centre
– about to embark on volunteering at the Country Heritage Park as a historical interpreter.
Since retirement in 2002,
Jenny has published several books primarily for children:-
Fantasy novels: Tales of Glissen, Widzer’s Visit
Picture Book: Tales of Glissen ABC
Short illustrated Stories:
On the Road to Bethlehem in Milton
Eat, Sing and Fly
-She enjoys visiting schools to show her colourful, quixotic artwork and to read from her novels and poetry.
-Her work is primarily in acrylics with some mixed media, printmaking and inventive experimentation, focusing on: the patterns and textures of both the natural and the imaginary world; portraiture of people and animals; illustrations of the whimsical, magical characters and events in her children’s novels.
Please see this link re my paintings at the Mohawk Chophouse Restaurant in Campbellville, Milton,Ontario
– primarily an artist in acrylics, is also a writer
and illustrator of children’s literature.
Born in India, raised in England, she taught in elementary schools in England and Halton for 34 years with an emphasis on creativity, imaginative play, individuality and fun in all subject areas especially Art, Language Arts, Music and Computers.
A member of the Fine Arts Society of Milton , the Escarpment Artists and Arts Milton, her artwork can be viewed in art shows in and around the area.
Her work is primarily in acrylics with some mixed media, printmaking and inventive experimentation, focusing on:
the patterns and textures of both the natural and the imaginary world; portraiture of people and animals; illustrations of the whimsical, magical characters and events in her
Jenny has published several books for children and enjoys visiting schools
to show her colourful, quixotic artwork and to read from her novels and
Darwin is a blacksmith at waldies in Milton. I decided to paint his portrait as he has such an interesting face!