– primarily an artist in acrylics, is also a writer and illustrator of children’s literature – loves to inspire and motivate creativity.
– Born in India, raised in England.
– trained in Birmingham UK for 3 years and obtained a certificate to Teach especially in Art, Religious Knowledge and General Subjects to primary age children.
– Emigrated in 1970.
– taught in elementary schools in England and Halton for 34 years (5 at Brantwood PS in Oakville;10 at JMDenyes PS and 16 at Martin Street PS in Milton) always with an emphasis on creativity, imaginative play, individuality and fun in all subject areas especially Art, Language Arts, Drama, Music and Computers.
-was the Director of many great musicals at her schools over the years.
-studied Art for some time at OCAD, Wilfred Laurier and Sheridan College -especially specialising in Portraits, Acrylics and Mixed Media
-is a long time member of the Fine Arts Society of Milton,
-was on the Executive for several years when she was the Web Master of the FASM site.
-was the creator of the Escarpment Artist Art Group which is a group of 9 artists within FASM – basically concentrating on their passion to preserve the Niagara Escarpment. This group, sponsored by POWER is now well established and holds annual Art shows at the Milton Centre for the Arts, at Crawford Country Gardens in Milton, and in Kilbride.
–her artwork can be seen at various places around the area, in particular in shows at the MCA; at the Bistro on Main Street in Milton; the Mohawk Chophouse in Campbellville; and at Waldies’ Blacksmiths Shop during the annual Milton Studio Tour
-retired from teaching in 2002
-has volunteered at Martindale Gardens Seniors’ Residence for over 10 years- motivating, inspiring and leading seniors’ groups in art activitie
– was the leader and organiser of the Milton Express the Arts Poetry Group which met for several years in cafes and venues around Milton.
– has brought a team representing Milton artists and seniors to the Milton Spelling Bee for several years- where they have placed 2nd several times and won awards for Best Costume and Best Team Spirit
– is the convenor of the Milton Seniors’ Book Club which meets each month at the Milton Seniors’ Centre.
– also enjoys Tai Chi at the Seniors’ Centre
– about to embark on volunteering at the Country Heritage Park as a historical interpreter.
Since retirement in 2002,
Jenny has published several books primarily for children:-
Fantasy novels: Tales of Glissen, Widzer’s Visit
Picture Book: Tales of Glissen ABC
Short illustrated Stories:
On the Road to Bethlehem in Milton
Eat, Sing and Fly
-She enjoys visiting schools to show her colourful, quixotic artwork and to read from her novels and poetry.
-Her work is primarily in acrylics with some mixed media, printmaking and inventive experimentation, focusing on: the patterns and textures of both the natural and the imaginary world; portraiture of people and animals; illustrations of the whimsical, magical characters and events in her children’s novels.